Terms & Conditions
Utility Renewals are committed to protecting the privacy of the visitors to our website www.utilityrenewals.com. We make sure we treat your personal information with care when you provide it to us and never pass it on to anyone else. We assume you have read this policy when you leave any private information with us.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), requires that we define the data controller as Utility Renewals Limited with the registered trading address: Derwent House, Vantage Court, Riverside Way, Barrowford, Lancashire, BB9 6BP.
What information do we collect?
The following types of personal data may be collected by us:
- Data regarding visits to and use of this website
- Data submitted through our online forms including [but not limited to]; your company name, your name, contact email address, contact telephone numbers.
- Note: Please be aware that all our calls are recorded for quality / staff training purposes. These recordings are used by our Customer Services team to resolve queries or contract discrepancies.
Data Collected via Site Analytics
We collect information generally using established services such as Google Analytics. This is information such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral/key phrase source, length of visit, path through the site and number of page views per session. We may use this knowledge in the continual development of this website, to help us make the user experience better for you and for general marketing purposes.
Cookies are used with by us with website. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser which is then stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server every time the browser requests a web page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which could be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from cookies to improve this website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
We will not invoice you directly for any of our services. We are remunerated directly by the suppliers and receive a commission for securing and finalising the contract between yourself the customer and the energy supplier. This is usually by way of an uplift that is applied within your unit cost for energy.
This does not compromise our providing you with an impartial service.
Personal data safeguarding
We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet due to the nature of its complexity.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
We collect information from you (the visitor) when browsing on our site, filling out forms and subscribing to our newsletter. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
This service is designed to help website owners understand problem areas on their sites and fix them, helping to minimise frustrating visitor issues. One way that we accomplish this is through our visitor recording sessions where we can replay a browsing session. Sensitive information is not recorded and we can control which elements of a page are recorded.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information collected may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Currently we operate from rochen.com’s server facilities in London, UK. Our web servers are also PCI Compliant.
How do we protect your information?
A variety of security measures are used to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Would you like to know anything else?